Gwynn Hopkins, Managing Director
CONTACT GWYNNEmail: email@example.com
Address: Office 7B, 7/F , Carfield Commercial Building, 75-77 Wyndham St,
Central, Hong Kong
Telephone: +852 [ ]
Having previously spent 20+ years working between Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands, the British Virgin Islands and the UK, Gwynn Hopkins founded Perun Consultants in 2017.
Gwynn has worked as an insolvency practitioner and forensic accountant on a wide range of local and cross-border engagements and has proven track record in the liquidation and restructuring of international financial services companies, particularly those involving complex litigation or with contentious matters to resolve. Having led teams for many years as a partner in the Caribbean, Gwynn has a thorough understanding of both the onshore and offshore aspects of appointments. He also takes non-insolvency roles, such as acting as a consultant or an appointed director or trustee, to assist distressed entities.
In addition, Gwynn has extensive experience in forensic accounting assignments including asset-tracing and recovery engagements; due diligence investigations; and the preparation of loss of profits and asset valuation reports.
- Advised on the restructuring of a corporate property portfolio involving numerous cross-ownership and cross-guarantee issues.
- Liquidator of Parmalat Capital Finance Limited, a Cayman Islands treasury company affected by a multi-billion dollar fraud.
- Appointed as Trustee to investigate activities of, and recover assets for, a trust with investments involved in the Landsbanki bank fraud.
- Valuation of a PRC medical research company for shareholders dissenting to a merger under Cayman Islands S238 proceedings.
- Consultant to US receiver to assist in securing and recovering assets in Hong Kong and mainland China.
- Appointed to control, through directorship, companies with assets in Hong Kong and mainland China to enable investigation of company affairs and reorganisation or recovery of assets.
- Liquidator of Bank of Antigua.
- Receiver of a St. Lucian company which was exposed to the Madoff fraud.
- Assisting the liquidator of five connected companies with pursuit and recovery of assets in Russia.
- Liquidator of three connected property holding companies with extensive shareholder dispute issues to be resolved.
- Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
- Certified Public Accountant (Hong Kong)
- Certified Fraud Examiner
- Chartered Tax Advisor (UK)
- Diploma in International Financial Reporting Standards
- Joint Insolvency Examination Board examination
- Ordre des Experts-Comptables & ACCA joint certificate in business valuations